Castle Velthurns in Feldthurns
Castle Velthurns in Feldthurns in the Eisacktal valley was built in the 16th century und was first the summer residence of the Brixner bishops. Even today the castle is in a good condition although the owner and history could not be more diverse: Until the secularization the residence was owned by the bishops of Brixen before the castle became part of Austrian and Bavarian property. After an auction it became a restaurant. 1875 the prince of Lichtenstein owned the castle and gave it as a present to the city of Bozen.
Castle Velthurns today is owned by the province of South Tyrol and was renovated and reconstructed. The complex is to be looked as a cultural heritage and gives a great impression of the Middle Ages.
More info & opening hours:
Tel.: +39 0472 855525