How to reach the Fischleintal Valley in Sexten
Colourful meadows and rugged rock faces, larch forests, a small stream and behind it the imposing backdrop of the “Sundial of Sexten”, as the peaks all around are called…. The Fischleintal Valley is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful spots in the Dolomites.
Some people simply want to enjoy the picturesque landscape of the Fischleintal Valley in Sexten. For others, the area is a starting point for hikes leading directly into the heart of the Dolomites. For example, the famous Three Peaks can also be reached from here.
To ensure that all visitors can discover the Fischleintal Valley in a pleasant way, a traffic restriction will apply here from 26 June to 2 October 2022. Here are the details:
With the bus shuttle
- The valley can be reached at any time with the bus line 440 Sexten-Fischleintal.
- No reservation is required for the shuttle bus.
- It is also possible to get to Sexten by bus from Toblach/Innichen (line 446, change at the Helm cable car valley station in Sexten).
- The ride there and back with the shuttle costs €8 per person from 8 years of age. Children under 8 travel free of charge, and there is a €5 charge for four-legged friends.
- The Südtirol Alto Adige Pass and the SextenCard are valid for the shuttle, other guest cards are not valid.
On foot or by bike
- The hiking trail no. 102 leads from Sexten to two mountain huts in the Fischleintal Valley.
- The hike is somewhat shorter if you start at the Dolomitenhof (you can get there by shuttle).
- For the way back, you can also take the Sexten circular trail no. 1 from the car park at the Fischleinboden Hut, which leads comfortably to Moos or Sexten.
- The Fischleintal Valley can also be reached via the cycle path. Cycling time from Innichen approx. ½ hour.
- From 26 June to 2 October, you can only use your own car to drive into the Fischleintal Valley if you have a valid transit permit.
- A transit permit can be obtained online or at the checkpoints on the Kreuzberg Pass and at the Tourist Info Sexten from July onwards.
Tourist Info Sexten
+39 0474 710 310