How to reach Lake Prags
All year round, nature lovers from near and far come to Prags in order to see the picturesque lake and to hike in the surrounding area. To protect the nature idyll – part of UNESCO World Natural Heritage – and to make the arrival easier to visitors, traffic is limited in Prags during the summer months.
Access with means of public transport
In fact, it is generally recommendable to come to Lake Prags by train and bus, as it is the most sustainable and stress-free option:
- From Niederdorf with line 442. Line 439 from Welsberg will no longer operate from 11th September.
- BEFORE 10th July and AFTER 10th September Mobilcards, HolidayPass and other guest cards are valid, and no reservation is necessary.
- From 10th July to 10th September, online reservation and online payment is required for travelling on bus 439 and 442; HolidayPass etc. are not valid during this period. As soon as the seats are fully booked, access by shuttle bus is no longer possible.
Access with the own car
In the high season, traffic jams and problems may be possible at any time in the direction of Lake Prags.
- From 11th September, the valley and Lake Prags can be reached by car at any time.
- Parking at Lake Prags is limited and subject to charge. Parking reservations are possible (in the high season).
- Traffic restrictions are planned for the high season: From 10th July to 10th September, the road will be closed to individual traffic daily from 9:30 am to 4 pm. Then the valley can only be reached on foot, by bike, upon presentation of a parking reservation or a valid transit permit.
On foot or by bike
At any time and without restrictions, you can also reach Lake Prags on foot or by bike, for example from Schmieden (approx. 1.5 hours of walking time, 45 minutes of cycling time).
Tourist office Prags
+39 0474 748 660