Toll road to the Three Peaks
The Three Peaks in the heart of the Dolomites are absolutely worth seeing without any doubt. In fact, it is good that are several possibilities to get very close to these impressive peaks: on foot as well as by car or by shuttle bus.
If you would not like to or cannot approach the peaks on foot, the best option would be to use the well-established toll road that goes from Misurina (between Toblach and Cortina) to the south side of the Three Peaks. Here, at 2,333 m of altitude, there is Auronzo hut.
From here, the Three Peaks can be reached via an easy hiking path leading along Lavaredo hut and Paternsattel to Drei Zinnen hut – of course with breathtaking panoramic views and a magnificent view of the landmark of the Dolomites.
Road to Auronzo hut
During the winter months, the road to the Three Peaks is closed! The road to the 3 Peaks reopens on 27.05.2023.
- Depending on the snow and weather conditions, the road to the Auronzo hut is open from the end of May until the end of October.
- The parking space at the Auronzo hut cannot be booked online. Once all parking spaces are occupied, the road can be closed to private cars.
Prices toll road/parking space 2023:
- Car: €30 | Motorcycle: €20 | Campers & vehicles that are longer than 2.10 m: €45
- Bus with up to 30 persons: €60 | Bus from 30 persons: €120
The ticket is valid from the moment it is issued until 24:00 on the same day. The daily price is added for each subsequent day.
Shuttle to the Three Peaks
During the summer months (approx. beginning of June to beginning of October), the shuttle bus is an eco-friendly alternative for the ascent to the Auronzo hut. The bus starts at the bus station in Toblach and can be used with its own tickets or the Südtirol Pass. The HolidayPass and other advantage cards are not valid; bikes cannot be transported, neither.
For the use of the shuttle, an online reservation with online payment is required for the entire period. Any remaining tickets are available at the bus and train station in Toblach.
As the access road and Auronzo hut are not located in South Tyrol, but in the neighbouring province of Belluno, please ask the competent authorities on site for further information:
- Tourist information Auronzo: email@example.com | (+39) 0435 400035 / 0435 9359
- Auronzo hut: firstname.lastname@example.org | (+39) 0435 39002
- Road to the Three Peaks: (+39) 0435 39109