Toll road to the Three Peaks
The Three Peaks in the heart of the Dolomites are absolutely worth seeing without any doubt. In fact, it is good that are several possibilities to get very close to these impressive peaks: on foot as well as by car or by motorbike.
If you would not like to or cannot approach the peaks on foot, the best option would be to use the well-established toll road that goes from Misurina (between Toblach and Cortina) to the south side of the Three Peaks. Here, at 2,333 m of altitude, there is Auronzo hut.
From here, the Three Peaks can be reached via an easy hiking path leading along Lavaredo hut and Paternsattel to Drei Zinnen hut – of course with breath-taking panoramic views and a magnificent view of the landmark of the Dolomites.
Road to Auronzo hut
Depending on the snow and weather conditions, the road to Auronzo hut is open from the end of May until the end of October.
Opening times 2019:
- From 7th June 2019 | daily from 7 am to t pm
- Car: 30 € | Motorcycle: 20 € | Campers & vehicles that are longer than 2.10 m: 45 €
- Bus with up to 30 persons: 60 € | Bus from 30 persons: 120 €
Surcharge for overnight stays:
- Car: 15 € | Motorcycle: 5 € | Camper: 25 €
- Bus up to 30 persons: 30 € | Bus from 30 persons: 60 €
Shuttle to the Three Peaks
An eco-friendly alternative for the access to Auronzo hut is the shuttle bus, bringing mountain fans to the famous Dolomites peaks. The bus starts at the bus station in Toblach and can be used with the Südtirol Pass or with tickets that are available in the local tourist offices and at the bus stops along the route. The HolidayPass and other advantage cards are not valid; bikes cannot be transported neither.
Travel times of Three Peaks shuttle 2019:
15th June 2019 until 13th October 2019 | Go to the current timetables
Prices shuttle 2019:
- Adults: 8 € single trip | 15 € full trip
- Kids until 6 years as well as kids until 14 years accompanied by an adult: free
- Kids from 6 to 14 years not accompanied by an adult: 4 € single trip | 8 € full trip
- Four-legged companions: 4 € single trip | 8€ full trip
- In case of getting on or off between Schluderbach and Toblach: 4 €
As the access road and Auronzo hut are not located in South Tyrol, but in the neighbouring province of Belluno, please ask the competent authorities on site for further information:
- Tourist information Auronzo: firstname.lastname@example.org | (+39) 0435 400035 / 0435 9359
- Auronzo hut: email@example.com | (+39) 0435 39002
- Road to the Three Peaks: (+39) 0435 39109