Toll road to the Three Peaks
If you would not like to or cannot approach the peaks on foot, the best option would be to use the well-established toll road that goes from Misurina (between Toblach and Cortina) to the south side of the Three Peaks. Here, at 2,333 m of altitude, there is Auronzo hut.
From here, the Three Peaks can be reached via an easy hiking path leading along Lavaredo hut and Paternsattel to Drei Zinnen hut – of course with breath-taking panoramic views and a magnificent view of the landmark of the Dolomites.
Road to Auronzo hut
Depending on the snow and weather conditions, the road to the Auronzo hut is open from the end of May until the end of October.
Opening times 2021:
- The toll road to the Auronzo Hut has been open since 30.06.2021. The shuttle service is offered from this day on, too.
- Car: €30 | Motorcycle: €20 | Campers & vehicles that are longer than 2.10 m: €45
- Bus with up to 30 persons: €60 | Bus from 30 persons: €120
Surcharge for overnight stays:
- Car: €15 | Motorcycle: €5 | Camper: €25
- Bus up to 30 persons: €30 | Bus from 30 persons: €60
Shuttle to the Three Peaks
An eco-friendly alternative for the access to Auronzo hut is the shuttle bus, bringing mountain fans to the famous Dolomites peaks. The bus starts at the bus station in Toblach and can be used with the Südtirol Pass or with its own tickets. The HolidayPass and other advantage cards are not valid; bikes cannot be transported, neither.
Online reservation with online payment is required for the shuttle bus tickets from 10th July to 10th September 2021, any remaining tickets are available at the bus and train station in Toblach. Before 10th July/after 10th September, the tickets are also available at the bus and train station in Toblach or in the shuttle bus - during this time, online purchase is not possible.
Travel times of Three Peaks shuttle 2021:
As the access road and Auronzo hut are not located in South Tyrol, but in the neighbouring province of Belluno, please ask the competent authorities on site for further information:
- Tourist information Auronzo: email@example.com | (+39) 0435 400035 / 0435 9359
- Auronzo hut: firstname.lastname@example.org | (+39) 0435 39002
- Road to the Three Peaks: (+39) 0435 39109