Barbecue areas in South Tyrol
It is summer, the sun is shining, the air is fresher underneath the shady trees and eating outdoor is a real pleasure. All those, who are looking for an alternative to the common snacks or to cooking at home, can book one of the barbecue areas in South Tyrol.
Meat, the most important thing for a barbecue, is available with high quality at numerous local producers. Grilling fillets, sausages and polenta with the whole family will be even more fun. Many of us have no possibility for a barbecue at home. The barbecue areas in South Tyrol are well-equipped and comfortable.
For the use of a barbecue area, registration at the local tourist office or relative organisation will be necessary. The price is variable, or the access is free to some areas.
Here, we offer some tips for barbecues in South Tyrol
- Innichen – barbecue area Pizach – Registration at: email@example.com.
- Niederdorf – near the park, on the river and directly at a large playground with Kneipp facilities, there is a barbecue area in the middle of nature – registration at the Tourist office Niederdorf, Tel. +39 0474 745136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meran & environs:
- Lazag – A the recreational area Passer Fritz, in the middle of nature and reachable on foot or via the cycle path. The grill areas lie directly on Passer river, on the shore of Lake Lazag. The recreational area Lazag is accessible for free.
- Prad am Stilfserjoch – At the fish pond in Prad am Stilfserjoch, there are several barbecue spots and wooden tables. Here you can fish by yourselves without license. The day ticket for fishing in the pond is available in the nearby bar. Here, you will also get information about the barbecue areas. Toilets, potable water, a parking lot and a playground are available on site.
- Mals – Near Reschen and the playground in Schleis, there is a new barbecue area with wooden tables, partially covered as well as a drinking fountain. Nearby, you will also find a football pitch, swings, slides and a parking lot.
- Natz – The barbecue area lies only 5 minutes from the village centre. From The Residence Lindenhof you should go until the end of Kreuzweg street (dead end). Arrived there, the barbecue are lies on your left under a rock in the middle of nature – registration at the local town hall, +39 0472 976 800.
- Wengen – Barbecue area near Gnates, right behind the village centre of Wengen, in the middle of green. Nearby, there is a playground with swings and slide. The barbecue area is stonewalled, and the covered pavilion protects you from the sun and rain. Potable water and a toilet are available – registration at Tel. +39 0471 847 037.
- St. Vigil in Enneberg – 10 minutes by car from the popular Ciamaor beach, with playground, flat water paths form Kneipp baths, picknick and relax areas, there is the Fodara Masaronn barbecue area – registration at the Tourist office St. Vigil, Tel. 0474 501 037.
- Olang – next to the popular playground Kinderwelt Olang, the Stocker barbecue area offers several huts and tables directly on a meadow, at the cycle path and at Brunst river – registration at Tourist office Olang, Tel. +39 0474 496277 or email@example.com.
Furthermore, there are numerous other outdoor barbecue areas in South Tyrol. It will be best to get informed at the local tourist offices.