The Local Tax in South Tyrol
In South Tyrol, as in many other tourist regions around the world, the payment of local tax has been required by law for many years.
The local tax in South Tyrol is paid on departure in your accommodation and must be visible separately on your bill. This tax benefits the local tourism associations and the IDM. Its amount is regularly adjusted and complies with the accommodation type. As the local tax often raises questions, here is an overview for you.
The most important information
- According to the accommodation type, you have to pay the local tax of a basic amount between 1.50 € and 2.50 € per person and per day (from 01.01.2024). However, the municipalities are able to raise the local tax to a maximum amount of 5 € to finance tourism-related services and infrastructure.
- In accommodations having 4 stars and more, you will pay from 2.50 € per day and person.
- In a 3-star or in a 3-star superior accommodation as well as in 5-flower accommodation (farm holidays), 5-sun accommodation (private landlords) and 5-star camping, a tax from 2 € is applied.
- For all other accommodation, the local tax is from 1.50 €.
- Children and adolescents under 14 years of age as well as school and youth groups with at least 10 underage members are exempt from local taxes.