The Local Tax in South Tyrol
Many popular tourist destinations all over the world are collecting a local tax from their guests already since years. Since the 1st of January 2014 you have to pay it also in South Tyrol.
With the money from the local tax in South Tyrol, the tourist offices and associations are able to extend their programmes as well as the local infrastructure and to still guarantee the high quality. A small part they can use also for publicity.
The most important information about the local tax in South Tyrol:
- You have to pay the local tax per person and per day
- The sizes of the amount depends on the category of the accommodation
- Guests, who spend their holidays in 1-star or 2-star accommodation, in a camping, on a farm or in a youth hostel have to pay 0.70 € per day
- You have to pay 1.- € per day in a 3-star or in a 3-star superior hotel
- In all accommodations, which have 4 stars and more, you pay 1.30 € per day
- Children and adolescents under 14 years of age are tax-exempt
The local tax is only payable on departure and must be visible separately on the bill.