Ingredients for 6-8 people:
- 1 goose
- 3 small apples, 1 orange
- 300g onion, 100g carrots, 100g celery
- 4 tablespoonful of oil
- 50 ml white wine
- 600ml broth
- 1 tablespoonful of tomato-puree
- 2 sage leafs, 1 sprig of rosemary, pepper, salt
- 1 tablespoonful of cold butter
Mix the orange, the apples and 150g peeled and cubed onions with the sage, the rosemary, salt and pepper and fill the goose with it. Salt and pepper also the outside of the goose. Heat oil in a fry-pan and roast the goose from every site.
Cut the rest of onion, the carrots, the celery and the last apple and give it to the goose. Extinguish with white wine and give all in the preheated oven. During the cooking time you have to douse the goose with broth and the own grease. When the goose becomes soft, increase the top heat: so the goose gets a beautiful colour. After the cooking time, take the goose from the oven and keep it warm.
Give the tomato-puree to the fried rest and fill it with the broth. Boil it down for 20 minutes.
- Carve the goose and serve it with the sauce.
- Cooking temperature: 180-200 °C
- Cooking time: 2-3 hours