Let's go on a mushroom foray
South Tyrol is well known also because of the wonderful mushrooms you can find here. Woods and forests are waiting for you with theirs magic atmosphere.
But pay attention. The respect of nature and landscape is the first thing here. So keep on reading and find out what to do if you go out on the search of mushroom in South Tyrol.
Rules for mushroom gatherers
- In the forests of your hometown you can gather up to 2 kg of mushrooms, in other communities just 1 kg per day and person (over 14 years).
- Outside of your hometown you have to pay a fixed fee of 8 € to that community, where you would like to go on a mushroom foray. Furthermore you have to bring along your identity card.
- Mushroom forays aren’t allowed in nature parks.
- Mushroom forays are permitted only on days with an even date and only between 7 am and 7 pm.
- Mushrooms have to be generally cleaned before taking them home, transported into hard and fresh containers and it is forbidden to ruin forest's ground.
- If you don’t renege on these rules there may be imposed penalties from 34 € to 161 € and always the confiscation of all mushrooms.
Go to the shop:
Dried Fungi Boletus Dolomites 100 gr.