South Tyrol's family skiing areas
Crucial for the choice of a family-friendly ski resorts are large slopes, snowparks, good ski schools and reliable childcare.
The renowned German ski guide DSV-Skiatlas evaluates the ski resorts according to family friendliness. We have summarized the results and present you here the best skiing areas for families.
South Tyrol's most popular skiing areas for families:
- Alta Badia: "3 ski-kindergarten. Beside of the hilly St. Kassian all villages in Alta Badia are appropriate to smaller children. The hotels are all family-friendly and the slopes are doable also for laymen. The offer with ski-kindergarten and skiing courses is good, too."
- Kronplatz: "Comfortable cable cars, 2 big child-parks, rolling hills and large slopes guarantee that the little ones learn to ski with pleasure. Very family-friendly are the villages Olang and St. Vigil."
- Gröden: "In every valley-villages there are ski kindergarten and child-care-clubs. The main street passes over the village-centres. But car-free is only St. Ulrich."
- Hochpustertal: "3 ski-kindergarten. The tree-free and mostly easy and middle difficult slopes are ideal for kids, the ski schools are very committed and the cable-car-staff is always helpful. The further offers with the adventure swimming pool Aquafun in Innichen, with car-free centres and playgrounds are OK."
- Meran 2000 /Ultental: "3 ski-kindergarten. The villages are lovely, the accommodation family-friendly and in the ski-kindergarten and ski-schools the kids are in good hands."
- Rosengarten/ Latemar: "2 ski-kindergarten. The slopes are large and the ski schools and ski-kindergarten look affectionately after the kids. Who finds a accommodation close to the slopes, for whom is the region perfect for the family holidays."
- Schnalstal: "Kurzras is car free, the easy slopes are in close to the villages and the good child care make Schnalstal Valley be a ideal family destination."
- Sterzing/Eisacktal: "The traffic in the villages is limited, the middle difficult slopes easily doable also for children."
- Skiworld Ahrntal: "2 Mini-Ski-Clubs. The Tauferer Ahrntal is a ideal ski resort for families. The most slopes are easy or middle difficult, children under 9 years ski for free."