Visitor centre aquaprad
Even if South Tyrol is not that large with a size of 7,400 square meters, it is a meeting point of different worlds: impressive glaciers in the north and in the Ortler Group, rugged summits of the Dolomites in the south and lakes and water courses in the middle that may appear Mediterranean.
If you would like to see the water world of South Tyrol without travelling the entire region, we recommend a visit of the visitor centre aquaprad in the centre of Prad am Stilfserjoch. Here, permanent and temporary exhibitions show the exciting, largely untouched world of the local fishes and invite visitors to make excursions in the natural habitats under water.
The offer is addressed mainly to families with kids, who would like to know more about the world of animals during their excursions. The visitor centre aquaprad of Stilfserjoch National Park offers:
- 12 aquariums with 35 fish species occurring in South Tyrol in their respective habitats
- Permanent exhibition “Amongst the fish – A journey into a strange world”
- For kids: aquaprad rally with Hechti
- Temporary exhibitions
- Guided tours for groups by appointment
- Age-appropriate school programmes
- For the independent visit of school children: fish suitcase with booklet
- Excursions to the Prader Sand
- Preparation for the fishing license
The appropriate equipment is particularly important for the excursions. Please make sure that your children have weatherproof clothes, mountain or hiking shoes and snacks as well as a binocular if possible.
I-39026 Prad am Stilfserjoch
Phone: +39 0473 618212