Homecoming of livestock in VinschgauOur editorial team always tries to provide detailed and accurate information, but it is possible that events undergo changes that we are unable to update in real time. Exact details on dates, times and programmes can be obtained directly from the organiser.
The magnificent spectacle takes place every year in late summer or at the beginning of autumn. The livestock comes back from the meadows in the mountains, where it spent the whole summer. Now it’s time to bring the cows and sheep down into the valley before the winter begins.
In many villages the homecoming of livestock is one of the most important events of the year. It is a seasonal turning point for every farmer and the whole village community comes together and celebrates that everything had gone well in the summer months. Frequently the animals are decorated festively and the herdsmen will be received with music and typical specialities in the village.
The most important homecomings of livestock in Vinschgau 2019:
- 7th September: "Schafschoad" – homecoming of the sheep in Langtaufers
- 7th September: homecoming of livestock in Tarsch
- 8th September: homecoming of livestock in Burgeis/Mals
- 8th September: homecoming of livestock in Martell
- 8th September: homecoming of livestock in Reschen
- 9th September: homecoming of livestock in Kortsch
Street: Hauptstraße 22
Venue: I- 39027 Reschen
Tel.: +39 0473 633 101