New Year’s Eve in South Tyrol
Some people at the end of the year can spend a week on holiday, others only have one or two days of vacation.
The start into the new year must be celebrated. Be it a gala dinner in a hotel, watching a ski show and fireworks at the valley stations of the ski areas or celebrating with many other people in the historical centres of Meran, Bozen, Brixen and Bruneck. In Bozen, as well, there is the traditional New Year’s Eve Run, with international top athletes.
New Year’s Eve in a special place
South Tyrol offers a lot of funny and original ways to spend the last evening of the year with the family or friends. For instance, you could celebrate it in a historic farmstead, which offer homemade and delicious dishes and a warm and romantic atmosphere.
More and more people decide to spend Christmas time in a cosy farm stay or mountain hut, because they can practice a lot of sports like skiing, cross-country skiing or snowshoe-hiking too:
- Talschlusshütte in Fischleintal in Sexten: reachable within a 20-minutes’ walk | Further information: +39 0474 710 606
- Nigglerhof in Toblach: the ideal choice for active travellers | Further information: +39 0474 979 045
- Lüch de Vanc farm in St. Martin in Thurn: with Ladin specialities | Further information: +39 0474 590 108
- Geisleralm in Villnöss: cosy mountain hut with beautiful views | Further information: +39 339 604 4685
- Kreuzwiesen Alm in Lüsen: delicious specialities in good company | Further information: +39 333 748 4880
- Lyfi Alm in Martell: fascinating panorama and regional specialities | Further information: +39 333 277 0100