Museums in Vinschgau
More information about museums in Vinschgau!
Schluderns. One of the most imposing and best preserved fortifications of South Tyrol rises up above Schluderns (Sluderno ) - the Churburg. Built in 1253 by the bishops of Chur, this well-fortified fortress soon passed to the bailiffs of the Matsch family, and since 1504 it has been owned by the counts of the Trapp family.
Visitors today will find a residential Renaissance castle with an arcaded courtyard, a Romanesque chapel, and additional rooms with luxurious furniture and art objects from various eras. The world-famous Hall of Arms contains precious, artistically crafted arms and armor that were custom made for the castle's proprietors throughout the ages. It is the largest private collection of armaments of this kind.