Enn Castle near Montan
Initially, the complex probably was composed only of a chapel and a habitable tower. In the course of a quarrel Earl Meinhard II drove the Enn family out of the castle. Over time different aristocratic families lived in the palace and again and again they converted and extended it.
In the middle of the 17th century the Venetian Pietro Zanobio Albrizzi discovered Enn Castle and bought it. Since then, it stayed possession of his descendants, which renovated it completely in 1880. For instance, they added a large tower, several little turrets and pinnacles, attics and a wall.
The castle near Montan still is in private ownership, so it isn’t open to the public. With one exception: Every year in mid-August the Enn Castle opens its doors, in order to admit the local band and its public for the traditional concert in the inner courtyard. A plum to spend a special summer evening, to enjoy the great view of the Mediterranean Southern South Tyrol and to dart a glance behind the walls of the castle!
Please click on the link in the e-mail to complete your subscription.