Holidays in Wolkenstein
Are looking for relaxation, impressive panoramic views, magnificent ski runs or challenging peaks?
This and a lot of culture, alternative leisure activities and top hotels can be found in the holiday Wolkenstein in Gröden.
This mountain village is not only located at the end of Gröden Valley, but it is a popular meeting points for international people too. Already in 1970, the valley of Gröden has achieved worldwide fame with the Alpine Ski World Championship. Still today, the slopes, ski lifts and accommodations in an around Wolkenstein are at world-class level without any doubt.
Activities in the Dolomites
The Dolomites in the surroundings are not only part of the UNESCO World Natural Heritage, but a paradise for sportsmen and adventurers too. In winter, you will look forward to perfectly prepared ski runs, cross-country ski runs, snowshoe hikes and toboggan runs. From Wolkenstein, you can access the famous Sellaronda ski tour as well.
In summer, mountain bikers, hikers, climbers and mountaineers will feel like in paradise at Puez Geisler Nature Park. In Langental valley, in the environs of Sella massif and at Langkofel Group. Motorcyclists and road bikers can start to some of the most beautiful tours along the passes of the Dolomites from Wolkenstein.
Alternatively, Wolkenstein has numerous leisure facilities, such as the indoor and outdoor ice-skating rink, a slackline park, a riding school and much more.
Sights in Wolkenstein
- The Emilio Comici Refuge near Wolkenstein is known far beyond the region’s boundaries. Eating in this beautiful hut is a must for gourmets and connoisseurs.
- In the Silvester church in Langental, you can see 300-years old frescoes.
- The former track of Gröden railway is a hiking and walking path today, with many monuments and historical images reminding of the railway’s construction and operating period.
- Wolkenstein Castle ruin is situated in a rock wall at the entrance of Langental valley.
- The picturesque Fischburg Castle at the foot of Mt. Langkofel is owned by a Venetian noble family and can not be visited indeed. In summer, there are events in the wonderful castle gardens from time to time.
- The cultural centre Tublà da Nives in the village centre of Wolkenstein offers exhibitions and event. The centre’s architecture – that is made of a traditional wooden barn and of a modern glass cube – is worth-seeing too.
Holidays for all tastes
The guest sin Wolkenstein are spoilt for choice when they are searching for a suitable accommodation too: relaxing holidays in an exclusive wellness hotel, familiar atmosphere in the cosy B&B or holidays in a farm with kids – everything is possible.