Wineries in South Tyrol
South Tyrol is a famous wine-growing region and deservedly so. The excellent wines are a real highlight for wine lovers all over the world. Mainly the white wines rank among the world’s best wines.
South Tyrol is one of the smallest wine-growing regions in Italy. However, the quality level is particularly high among the wineries and cooperatives: The South Tyrolean wineries produce international quality wines, such as Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Lagrein or Pinot Noir.
Holidays for wine lovers
Along the South Tyrolean Wine Route or in other wine-growing areas in South Tyrol, there are many wine producers who offer tastings as well as overnight stays. A holiday in the Vinum Hotels Südtirol guarantees exciting insights into the local wine world – from Eisacktal to Vinschgau, from Meran and environs to Southern South Tyrol.
South Tyrol's best wineries & vineyards
In the 2022 editions, the most important Italian wine guides have given 326 best marks to South Tyrol’s top wines. Wines by 85 wineries are awarded in the current wine guides Gambero Rosso, Veronelli, Slow Wine, Vini Buoni, Doctor Wine, Vitae, Bibenda, Sparkle, WineHunter und Winesurf.
The best-performing winery was Terlan Winery with 21 awards for 9 wines in total. St. Michael Eppan Winery follows with 16 awards for 9 wines. The third place goes to Tramin Winery and Girlan winery with 14 awards for 8 wines each.
- Terlan Winery
- St. Michael-Eppan Winery
- Girlan Winery
- Tramin Winery
- Kurtatsch Winery
- Schreckbichl Winery in Girlan/Eppan
- Bozen Winery
- Tiefenbrunner – Schlosskellerei Turmhof in Kurtatsch
- Kaltern Winery
- Kettmair in Kaltern
- Sektkellerei Arunda in Mölten
- Pfannenstielhof Winery in Bozen
- Andrian Winery
- Eisacktal Winery in Klausen
- Provincial Winery Laimburg in Auer/ Pfatten
- Manincor Winery in Kaltern
- Ritterhof Winery in Kaltern
- Elena Walch Winery in Tramin
- Peter Sölva Winery in Kaltern
- Franz Haas Winery in Montan
- Gump Hof Winery in Völs am Schlern
- Meran Winery
- Nals Margreid Winery
- Stiftskellerei Neustift in Vahrn
- Klosterkellerei Muri-Gries in Bozen
- Unterortl Winery – Castel Juval un Kastelbell-Tschars
Not included in our list are the wineries with less than 5 awards.