Wineries in South Tyrol
South Tyrol is a famous wine-growing region and deservedly so. The excellent wines are a real highlight for wine lovers all over the world. Mainly the white wines rank among the world’s best wines.
South Tyrol is one of the smallest wine-growing regions in Italy. However, the quality level is particularly high among the wineries and cooperatives: The South Tyrolean wineries produce international quality wines, such as Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Lagrein or Pinot Noir.
Holidays for wine lovers
Along the South Tyrolean Wine Route or in other wine-growing areas in South Tyrol, there are many wine producers who offer tastings as well as overnight stays. A holiday in the Vinum Hotels Südtirol guarantees exciting insights into the local wine world – from Eisacktal to Vinschgau, from Meran and environs to Southern South Tyrol.
South Tyrol's best wineries & vineyards
In the 2023 editions, the most important Italian wine guides have given 297 best marks to South Tyrol’s top wines. Wines by 82 wineries are awarded in the current wine guides Gambero Rosso, Veronelli, Slow Wine, Vini Buoni d'Italia, Doctor Wine, Vitae, Bibenda, Sparkle and The WineHunter.
The best-performing winery was Terlan Winery with 19 awards for 6 wines in total.
Tramin Winery follows with 17 awards for 7 wines. The third place goes to Girlan winery with 14 awards for 6 wines and St. Michael-Eppan Winery with 13 awards for 7 wines.
- Terlan Winery
- Tramin Winery
- Girlan Winery
- St. Michael-Eppan Winery
- Kurtatsch Winery
- Manincor Winery in Kaltern
- Nals Margreid Winery
- Tiefenbrunner – Schlosskellerei Turmhof in Kurtatsch
- Elena Walch Winery in Tramin
- Schreckbichl Winery in Girlan/Eppan
- Bozen Winery
- Franz Haas Winery in Montan
- Eisacktal Winery in Klausen
- Meran Winery
- Gump Hof Winery in Völs am Schlern
- Kettmair in Kaltern
- Pfannenstielhof Winery in Bozen
- Ritterhof Winery in Kaltern
- Castelfeder Winery in Kurtinig
- Falkenstein Winery in Naturns
- Kaltern Winery
- Klosterkellerei Muri-Gries in Bozen
- Andrian Winery
- Sektkellerei Arunda in Mölten
- Köfererhof Winery in Vahrn-Neustift
- Alois Lageder Winery in Margreid
- Lorenz Martini Winery in Kaltern
- Ansitz Waldgries in Bozen
Not included in our list are the wineries with less than 4 awards.