White wines from South Tyrol
In the past, South Tyrol was mainly known for its red wines. Today, more than one half of the wine-growing areas are used for the production of white wines. Not only red wines such as Lagrein, Vernatsch and Blauburgunder are some of the best wines in Italy, but also white wines such as the varieties Gewürztraminer, Pinot Bianco, Riesling and Sylvaner rank among the most renowned wines.
White grape varieties cover around 60 % of the wine-growing areas and the trend is still increasing. The most frequently cultivated varieties are Pinot Grigio, Pinot Bianco, Chardonnay and Gewürztraminer. The first two vines are distinguished by their juicy and mineral freshness. The aromatic and full-bodied Gewürztraminer is an autochthonous variety, increasingly delighting more wine lovers with its incomparable character.
Moreover, the wineries in South Tyrol also cultivate varieties such as Sylvaner, Riesling, Sauvignon, Veltliner, Müller-Thurgau and Kerner. South Tyrol’s white wines stand for excellent quality and variety, as there is a suitable wine for all occasions and tastes.
South Tyrolean white wines
- Pinot bianco: is a white wine fresh and fruity, greenish-yellow to pale yellow, with slight scent of apple flavour and full.
- Chardonnay: is a white wine much appreciated and requested, pale greenish yellow, the scent delicately fruity and dry, tastes fresh and lively.
- Pinot grigio: is a white wine full and rich extract, pale yellow, with delicate fragrance and flavour pleasantly soft.
- Gewürztraminer: is, in the meantime, one of the most popular wines in South Tyrol. It is a white wine of pale yellow to golden yellow, well-structured.
- Müller-Thurgau: is a tasty white wine from greenish yellow to pale yellow, with delicate fragrance.
- Sauvignon: is a white wine end, lightly aromatic, pale greenish yellow, the scent is intensely herbaceous.
- Sylvaner: is a pleasantly crisp white, in colour from pale yellow to greenish, with a scent of hay cut.
- Muscat yellow: is a Muscat dessert wine order and aromatic, pale yellow to golden yellow, with an aroma of muscat grapes and a sweet taste markedly.
- Riesling: native of Germany, is a white wine end, in colour from pale yellow to greenish, with a faint aroma and slightly ethereal.
- Kerner: is a white aromatic character decided, yellow straw with greenish, with delicate fragrance.
- Veltliner: is a white wine fresh and fruity, pleasantly aromatic greenish from clear to yellow, with delicate aromas of flowers and grasses.
- Riesling Italico: is a white wine fresh and lively, greenish from pale yellow in the scent rather delicate and tenuous, but in compensation crisp and pleasant.
harpf Drink Shop
Stadtgasse Nr. 53 a - 39031 - Bruneck+39 0474 537131