Törggelen in Algund
Region: Meran and environs
Leaves are already falling from the trees and there is no new wine? The autumn has begun and nobody dishes out roasted chestnuts, sausages and hearty portions of salt pork with sauerkraut? In large parts of South Tyrol this would be inconceivable.
The tradition of "Törggelen" belongs to the golden season just like the colorful landscape, the dark blue sky and the warm parlors. Therefore also Algund insists on celebrating the autumn and the harvest well and truly and organizes an event called "Algunder Törggele KulTour".
For a month, eight local guesthouses and rustic inns serve everything necessary: dumplings, bacon and sausages, smoked meat, different types of bread and for dessert hot chestnuts, nuts and sweet fritters – all that prepared with home-produced ingredients or South Tyrolean quality products.
Not forgetting the new and the sweet wine coming straight from the wine press (of regional private and cooperative wineries). According to the centuries-old South Tyrolean custom the new drops have to be tasted – at best during a friendly get-together and accompanied by tasty home cooking.
Restaurants and inns participating in the event:
- Restaurant Ruster: St. Kassian-Weg 1, Tel. +39 0473 220 202, open daily
- Restaurant Gstör: Alte Landstraße 40, Tel. +39 0473 448 555, open daily
- Gasthaus Kienegg: Vellau 15, Tel. +39 0473 448 538, closed on Mondays
- Restaurant Ladurner: Vellau 41, Tel. +39 0473 448 439, closed on Tuesday
- Gasthaus Leiter am Waal: Mitterplars 26, Tel. +39 0473 448 719, closed on Monday evening and Tuesdays
- Gasthof zum Hirschen: J.-Weingartner-Str. 54, Tel. +39 0473 448 383, closed on Sundays
- Gasthof Oberplatzer: Vellau 22, Tel. +39 446 263, open daily & from 1st November on Sundays only
Tourist Board Algund
Phone: +39 0473 448 600