Wineries in South Tyrol
South Tyrol is a famous wine-growing region and deservedly so. The excellent wines are a real highlight for wine lovers all over the world. Mainly the white wines rank among the world’s best wines.
South Tyrol is one of the smallest wine-growing regions in Italy. However, the quality level is particularly high among the wineries and cooperatives: The South Tyrolean wineries produce international quality wines, such as Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Lagrein or Pinot Noir.
Holidays for wine lovers
Along the South Tyrolean Wine Route or in other wine-growing areas in South Tyrol, there are many wine producers who offer tastings as well as overnight stays. A holiday in the Vinum Hotels Südtirol guarantees exciting insights into the local wine world – from Eisacktal to Vinschgau, from Meran and environs to Southern South Tyrol.
South Tyrol's best wineries & vineyards
In the 2020 editions, the most important Italian wine guides have given 198 best marks to South Tyrol’s top wines. Wines by 63 wineries are awarded in the current wine guides Gambero Rosso, L’Espresso, Veronelli, Slow Wine, Vini Buoni, Doctor Wine, Vitae, Bibenda and Sparkle.
The best-performing winery was Terlan Winery with 17 awards for 7 wines in total. Tramin Winery follows with 13 awards. The Terlaner I Grande Cuvée 2016 has been awarded as the "Best White Wine in Italy" by Veronelli and has received 100 points by Falstaff, an important wine guide in the German-speaking area as the first South Tyrolean wine. Also, Tramin Winery has reveived 14 awards for 5 wines.
- Terlan Winery
- Tramin Winery
- St. Michael-Eppan Winery
- Girlan Winery
- Bozen Winery
- Tiefenbrunner – Schlosskellerei Turmhof in Kurtatsch
- Schreckbichl Winery in Girlan/Eppan
- Manincor Winery in Kaltern
- Elena Walch Winery in Tramin
- Franz Haas Winery in Montan
- Erbhof Mayr-Unterganzner in Kardaun
- Klosterkellerei Muri-Gries in Bozen
- Unterortl Winery – Castel Juval in Kastelbell/Tschars
- Gump Hof Winery in Völs am Schlern
- Meran Burggräfler Winery
- Ritterhof Winery in Kaltern
- Kettmair in Kaltern
- Ansitz Waldgries in Bozen
- Baron di Pauli in Kaltern
- Kaltern Winery
- Kurtatsch Winery
- Kuenhof in Brixen
- Nals Margreid Winery
- Stiftskellerei Neustift
- Köfererhof Winery in Neustift/Vahrn
- Kornell Winery in Siebeneich/Terlan
Not included in our list are the 8 wineries with 2 awards each and the 29 wineries with one ward each.