Wineries in South Tyrol
South Tyrol is a famous wine-growing region and deservedly so. The excellent wines are a real highlight for wine lovers all over the world. Mainly the white wines rank among the world’s best wines.
South Tyrol is one of the smallest wine-growing regions in Italy. However, the quality level is particularly high among the wineries and cooperatives: The South Tyrolean wineries produce international quality wines, such as Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Lagrein or Pinot Noir.
Holidays for wine lovers
Along the South Tyrolean Wine Route or in other wine-growing areas in South Tyrol, there are many wine producers who offer tastings as well as overnight stays. A holiday in the Vinum Hotels Südtirol guarantees exciting insights into the local wine world – from Eisacktal to Vinschgau, from Meran and environs to Southern South Tyrol.
South Tyrol's best wineries & vineyards
In the 2021 editions, the most important Italian wine guides have given 278 best marks to South Tyrol’s top wines. Wines by 74 wineries are awarded in the current wine guides Gambero Rosso, Veronelli, Slow Wine, Vini Buoni, Doctor Wine, Vitae, Bibenda, Sparkle, WineHunter und Winesurf. L'Espresso will be released in spring 2021.
The best-performing winery was Terlan Winery with 17 awards for 7 wines in total. Tramin Winery follows with 16 awards for 7 wines. The thrird place goes to St. Michael Eppan Winery with 13 awards, which was awarded as Cantina Cooperativa dell'Anno 2021 by Gambero Rosso, hte best cooperative winery in Italy 2021.
- Terlan Winery
- Tramin Winery
- St. Michael-Eppan Winery
- Girlan Winery
- Tiefenbrunner – Schlosskellerei Turmhof in Kurtatsch
- Bozen Winery
- Kurtatsch Winery
- Franz Haas Winery in Montan
- Manincor Winery in Kaltern
- Schreckbichl Winery in Girlan/Eppan
- Elena Walch Winery in Tramin
- Klosterkellerei Muri-Gries in Bozen
- Kaltern Winery
- Meran Winery
- Ansitz Waldgries in Bozen
- Nals Margreid Winery
- Castel Sallegg
- Ritterhof Winery in Kaltern
- Kettmair in Kaltern
- Stiftskellerei Neustift
- Pfannenstielhof Winery in Bozen
- Gump Hof Winery in Völs am Schlern
- Köfererhof Winery in Neustift/Vahrn
- Kornell Winery in Siebeneich/Terlan
- Eisacktal Winery in Klausen
- Provincial Winery Laimburg in Auer/ Pfatten
Not included in our list are the wineries with less than 4 awards.