Road bike tours Bozen & Southern South Tyrol
In October and November, the landscape is characterised by golden colours and the wine routes in Southern South Tyrol are a good choice for road bikers. In midsummer, road bikers prefer cycling at higher altitudes such as on Seiser Alm and in Eggental.
Easy bike tours along the Wine Route
- On Waltherplatz square in Bozen, there is the start of the 45 km long Wine Route North (247 m of altitude difference), that is also perfect for e-bikers. The next stations are Gries, Terlan, Vilpian and Nals and afterwards the cyclists will get back to Bozen via Andrian and Frangart. The track between Bozen and Terlan can also be done by train.
- With more than 23 kilometres, the Wine Rout Middle is the shortest of theses three tours. However, it is not the easiest with 428 m of height difference. The road bike tour starts in Kaltern, goes along Lake Kaltern, the Lakes of Montiggl and Girlan, before returning to the starting point via St. Michael and Hocheppan Castle.
- Starting from Kurtatsch, the long Wine Routh South (40 km and 223 m of altitude difference) goes until Salurn, which is the southernmost municipality of South Tyrol, via Margreid and Kurtinig. The way back is via Neumarkt, Auer and Tramin. The track between Salurn and Auer can also be done by train.
From Bozen to higher altitudes
- Etschtal cycle path goes from Bozen, Salurn to Lavis in the province of Trentino. Arrived there, road bikers cycle through Cembra Valley, Valda, Grauno and Capriana and arrive in Altrei. About two kilometre after the village, there is the highest spot and it goes down to San Lugano Pass. From there, the road leads down to Auer and back to Bozen via Etschtal cycle path. This route is 135 km long and has 1,370 m of altitude difference.
- To Seiser Alm, offering fantastic view of Mt. Schlern and Langkofel Group, there are several variants. Our 78 km long tour (1,520 m of altitude difference) leads along the Brenner bike route on the cycle path from Bozen to Atzwang, St. Konstantin and Kompatsch. The descent is via Pufels and Panider Satter to Kastelruth, Seis, Völs, Blumau and Bozen.
- Beautiful panoramic views of Latemar Group can be seen on the 45 km long tour (1,100 m of height difference) to the Max Valier observatory above Gummer. From Bozen, road bikers come to Karneid and Eggental, to the observatory. Downhill, there is a small road allowing you to arrive to the road between Gummer and Steinegg. Then the tour goes back on the same way to Bozen.
Please click on the link in the e-mail to complete your subscription.