Bike & cable car
From Vinschgau in the west to Pustertal in the east, South Tyrol offers great tours and trails for bike fans. Cyclists who like to start their bike tour at the top of the mountain and not in the valley are also offered a large selection of cable cars that also transport bikes.
Not only freeriders and downhillers appreciate the fact that many cable cars in South Tyrol allow you to take your bike with you – with the appropriate ticket. Bike transport by cable car or lift is also practical for families with children and for all those who do not want to start their planned tour with a strenuous uphill trail. Some cable cars are open all year round, other mountain railways and lifts during the summer and winter seasons.
Cable cars open all year round
In the area of Bozen and Meran, especially, there are several cable cars that are open all year round, transporting bikes as well.
- Cable car Bozen – Ritten
- Funicular railway to Mendel Pass
- Cable car Bozen – Kohlern
- Cable car Vilpian – Mölten
- Cable car Burgstall – Vöran
- Cable car Vigiljoch
- Cable car St. Martin (Bicycle transport not possible all year round at any time of day – detailed info on the Latsch cable car website)
- Cable car Aschbach (valley station Rabland)
- Cable car Unterstell (valley station Naturns)
- Cable car Mühlbach – Meransen
Cable cars & lifts open in summer
Many South Tyrolean ski areas offer beautiful routes for hikers and bikers in summer, which is why the cable cars are also open in the summer season.
- In our overview of the summer opening times of the cable cars in South Tyrol, you will find the most important cable cars and lifts that are also in operation during the warm season. All lifts with bike transport are marked there with a bike symbol.
We would also like to mention 2 popular cable cars with bike transport outside the ski areas:
- Cable car Schennaberg - Taser Alm: open from the beginning of April until the beginning of January.
Bike transport from 1.30 to 6.00 pm
- Hirzer cable car: open from the end of March to the beginning of November
Bike transport only between Saltaus and Prenn, no bike transport from 9.30 am to 12.00 pm
Please click on the link in the e-mail to complete your subscription.