The wine tradition in South Tyrol has been handed down for many years from generation to generation.
The climate and topography of South Tyrol then have made possible the development of the cultivation of grapes white and black. More than 35% of South Tyrol vineyards are planted with white grapes and the trend is increasing. Ruländer or Pinot grigio, Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay.
The South Tyrol wines are distinguished by their fresh, fruity, decided tastes. White grapes like Gewürztraminer, Silvaner, Müller-Thurgau, Riesling, Sauvignon, Veltliner or Kerner are known and appreciated throughout Italy and beyond national borders.
South Tyrolean white wines
- Pinot bianco: is a white wine fresh and fruity, greenish-yellow to pale yellow, with slight scent of apple flavor and full.
- Chardonnay: is a white wine much appreciated and requested, pale greenish yellow, the scent delicately fruity and dry, taste fresh and lively.
- Pinot grigio: is a white wine full and rich extract, pale yellow, with delicate fragrance and flavor pleasantly soft.
- Gewürztraminer: is, in the meantime, one of the most popular wines in South Tyrol. It is a white wine of pale yellow to golden yellow, well structured.
- Müller Thurgau: is a tasty white wine from greenish yellow to pale yellow, with delicate fragrance.
- Sauvignon: is a white wine end, lightly aromatic, pale greenish yellow, the scent intensely herbaceous.
- Silvaner: is a pleasantly crisp white, in color from pale yellow to greenish, with a scent of hay cut.
- Muscat yellow: is a Muscat dessert wine order and aromatic, pale yellow to golden yellow, with an aroma of muscat grapes and a sweet taste markedly.
- Riesling: native of Germany, is a white wine end, in color from pale yellow to greenish, with a faint aroma and slightly ethereal.
- Kerner: is a white aromatic character decided, yellow straw with greenish, with delicate fragrance.
- Veltliner: is a white wine fresh and fruity, pleasantly aromatic greenish in color from clear to yellow, with delicate aromas of flowers and grasses.
- Riesling Italico: is a white wine fresh and lively, greenish in color from pale yellow in the scent rather delicate and tenuous, but in compensation crisp and pleasant.