Hot summer tips for South Tyrol
The range is large and the choice is yours! In order to make it a little bit easier, we give you 7 special tips for your summer holiday in South Tyrol.
- Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle: today, the gardens around the Trauttmansdorff Castle in Meran are no more an insider tip, but they are undoubtedly one of the highlights of the spa town in western South Tyrol.
- “Hours trail”: Hiking over borders and between time – this is the motto of the “Hours trail”. This hiking path connects the monastery Marienberg in Vinschgau with the monastery St. Johann in Müstair in Switzerland and was constructed for contemplative excursions.
- “Waalwege”: Along the ancient irrigation channels in Vinschgau and around Meran you will find more nice walking paths, flanked by numerous inviting inns and traditional restaurants
- Geo Park Bletterbach: Americans have the Grand Canyon – South Tyroleans the (slightly smaller) Bletterbach Canyon. The unique natural phenomenon offers amazing insights into the history of and on earth.
- Chestnut trail: For those who can hardly wait for the autumnal tradition of “Törggelen” (tastings of new wine and chestnuts), we recommend to visit the famous chestnut trail in Eisacktal – it is an experience also in summer!
- Museum of Mines: The Museum of Mines on the Mount Schneeberg in Ridnaun is one of the highest ones in Europe. Here, silver was mined till the last century. Today, you can visit the mine also inside – undertaking a journey through many kilometers of galleries.
- Fixed rope route Paternkofel: If you would like to see the famous “Drei Zinnen” (Three Peaks) from a very special and beautiful angle, we recommend experienced mountaineers the fixed rope route to the neighboring Paternkofel.