Trail running in South Tyrol
Running over rough ground on steep trails… trail running is becoming more and more popular in South Tyrol, not only among professional athletes.
Some athletic mountaineers do not “only” want to reach the summit – they prefer going rapidly and climbing as much meters as possible in the shortest time possible. The many mountain runs that have become competitions in South Tyrol are most of the times open for everyone, as long as they are fit and healthy.
You should in all cases be well-trained, as the cardiovascular system, bones and joints will have to be stronger than during running or classic mountain hiking. Of course, sure-footedness, a good shape and endurance are necessary in alpine heights too.
Trail running - Mountain runs in South Tyrol
- Tiefroschtn X-trem: 23 km and 1580 m of altitude from Lake Neves to Tiefrasten hut
- Three Peaks Alpine Marathon: 17.5 km and 1350 m of altitude from Haus Sexten to Drei Zinnen hut
- Brixen Dolomites Marathon: 42 km and 1890 meters of altitude from the centre of Brixen to Plose hut
- Mountain run St. Martin am Kofel: 6.3 km and 1125 m of altitude from Latsch to St. Martin am Kofel
- Gore-Tex Transalpine Run: about 296 km and 17000 m of altitude during several days from Germany to Italy
- Mountain run Mölten: 9.2 km and 1050 m of altitude from Terlan to Mölten
- Ulten farm run: from Kuppelwies to St. Gertraud and back on the other side of the valley, in various categories and along traditional farms
- Vertical Carezza Run: 3.3 km and 900 km in the environs of wonderful Lake Carezza
- Keller-Bauer Run: 19 km and 1100 m of altitude from Lake Neves in Mühlwald across the valley of Tauferer Ahrntal
- Dolomites Saslong Half Marathon: In the wonderful Gröden valley, runners will have to master 21 km and 900 m of altitude
- Rosengarten Schlern Sky Marathon: The track is about 45 km long and the runners have to master 2,980 m uphill as well as 3,083 downhill.