Chestnut Days in Feldthurns
During the Chestnut Days "Keschtnigl" in Eisacktal, gourmets and epicures will learn more about the manifold significance of the chestnut and of course, enjoy a lot of chestnut specialties.
The sweet chestnut plays an important role for the autumn in Eisacktal and is an integral part of the harvest tradition "Törggelen". According to this ancient custom the new wine and the roasted chestnuts are enjoyed in the course of a traditional meal together with family and friends. Therefore the village Feldthurns dedicates some days to this special beech plant and its importance for forest and cuisine.
For the Chestnut Days "Keschtnigl" farmers and chefs rediscover old and varied recipes. The program of the Chestnut Days in Feldthurns is completed by guided autumnal hikes and much more. Culture, gastronomy and tradition – all combined in one event!
- 14.10.2017: From 12 noon opening of the Chestnut Days "Keschtnigl" with concert in Velthurns Castle.
- 15.10.2017: farmer's specialities along the chestnut path (from 2 pm)
- 18.10.2017: hiking & tasting - guided chestnut hiking tour
- 19.10.2017: cheese, wine and chestnut tastings from 8 pm
- 25.10.2017: cooking course "Chestnuts & game" from 2 pm
- 30.10.2017: autumn hike with farm product tastings from 10 am
- 02.11.2017: fairytale hike for children with "Chestnut mandalas" from 2 pm
- 04.11.2017:”Nigl” market with music, culinary delicacies, demonstration of old trades and farmer's market from 10 am
- 05.11.2017: At half past 9 am mass, from half past 10 am till 5 pm chestnut festival with regional specialities, old trade market, music and “Törggelen”.
Tourist info Feldthurns
Phone: +39 0472 855 290