Region: Bozen and environs
Six castles + six stories! The result is a varied cultural offer giving you the opportunity to get to know the most beautiful castles in Southern South Tyrol and to spend a nice weekend in a historical ambience.
In the environs of the South Tyrolean provincial capital Bozen, there are numerous palaces, little castles and elegant estates. From 8 to 10 June 2019, six of them participate in the event Castelronda and offer a special programme that invites you to travel through time – from the Middle Ages to this day.
MMM Firmian, Runkelstein & more
Every castle will organize special offers on the occasion of the event Castelronda:
- MMM/Sigmundskron Castle in Firmian: guided tours for adults and children with explanations about the museum (on Saturday with Reinhold Messner in person)
- Runkelstein Castle in St. Anton/Bozen: guided tours with medieval costumes, storytellers and workshops
- Maretsch Castle in Bozen: (philosophical) guided tours
- Moos-Schulthaus Castle in Eppan: guided tours, storytellers and fairy-tale cinema
- Trostburg Castle in near Waidbruck: guided tours, fairy-tale cinema and storytellers
- Boymont Castle in Eppan: wine tasting, guided hike, adventures and games for kids
During the event, some of the castles are reachable also by shuttle bus.
Tourist Office Bozen
Tel.: +39 0471 307 000