Bock World Championship Kronplatz
In Olang and environs you can observe again and again, that a short ski, a seat with two handles and a little bit of practice are enough for dashing down a snow-covered slope. Not for nothing the village at the foot of Mt. Kronplatz is regarded as birthplace of this piece of sports equipment called "Rennböckl".
In the last years there were organized several funny and thrilling "Bock" races and enthusiastic sportsmen from all directions came in order to participate. The sports equipment has constantly been developed and today the discipline is well-known, so that it is even suitable for a World Championship.
Fun, action and title defense
After the world premiere in 2005 in Olang there will take place the second "Bock" World Championship. Then, not only fun and action are in the center of attention, but also title defense. Because during the last World Championship the "inventors" of the "Rennböckl" coming from Olang have impressively shown their proficiency and they want to be victorious once again.
But who’s the fastest woman and the fastest man on a "Rennböckl" in 2013? The highlight event at the first weekend in March will find it out. Saturday evening, the participants have to master the illuminated cross race course between Geiselsberg and the valley station of the cable car. For kids, beginners and those who want to attend for fun, there are organized special competitions in the afternoon.
Program of the "Bock" World Championship 2013
- 9.30-10.30 am: course viewing
- 10.30-11.30 am: training
- 12 am-1 pm: distribution of the starting numbers at the Restaurant Gassl next to the valley station
- 1-3 pm: qualification of the pros
- 3-5 pm: races of the categories kids, nostalgia and general
- 6 pm: VIP "Rennböckl" race
- 6.30 pm: presentation ceremony of the categories kids, nostalgia and general
- 8 pm: finale of the pros
- 10 pm: presentation ceremony of the pros and "Böckl" party
OC Bock-WM 2013