Climbing parks in Pustertal
Various cliffs in Hochpustertal of different difficulty, suitable for all types of climbing and preparation.
Loathna Kofel - Sonnenburg
- The area is inhabited since antiquity, the people of the time threw their waste down from the wall.
- Route: go to Brixen, for the highway, turn right toward Sonnenburg, park after 200 m from Campolino towards the wooded hill on the left.
- Access: From the parking go along the path that leads into the woods to the cliff.
- Difficulty: 2 up to 5a; 6 from 5a to 6a; 10 from 6a to 6c; 12 from 6c to 7b; 1 from 7b to 8a.
- The cliffs of this area was opened 40 years ago. The first area is ideal for families and children, gneiss, mostly notches.
- Route: from Bruneck, go to Marquee and Aufhofen. At the fountain, turn right and follow the narrow asphalt road. Parking under the cliff.
- Access: cross the road
- Difficulty: 1 of 3; 1 of 5c; 1 of 6a; 2 of 6b; 1 of 7c; 1 of 8a. Boulder routes from 5a to 7c.
Platten - Gais
- The area offers climbing on plaques on lower gneiss and granite.
- Route: from Gais parking, continue for 400m in the direction of Ahrntal. Parking on the right of the road.
- Access: the cliff is behind the bank protection
- Difficulty: 7 up to 5a; another 8 to 6a; 2 from 6a to 6c.
Neugais - Gais
- The area offers an interesting combination of long routes, climbing top rope and boulder. It has been discovered and opened only in 1999. In gneiss / granite.
- Route: the same of Gais Platten
- Access: the same of Gais Platten. Follow the road embankment until the first bend. Rises to a slope with dense vegetation, following the blue arrow, for the climbing park.
- Difficulty: 2 up to 4; 16 between 5a and 5c; 29 between 6a and 6c; 11 between 7c and 1 of 8a.
Drittlsond - Speikboden
- The climbing park has been expanded recently and is a good alternative to Sand in Taufers. The streets are beautiful, steady and not too difficult.
- Route: arrived at Sand in Taufers, continue to Ahrntal up to the ascent of Speikboden, cross the bridge and turn left to park there.
- Access: follow the road signs that lead in the woods.
- Difficulty: 8 up to 5a; 5 to 5c; 21 between 6a and 6c; 1 of 7a and one of 7b.
Tobl - Rein in Taufers
- This is the only climbing park of South Tyrol, made in real granite. If you are not very practical with this rock will find some problems. Granite smooth with notches.
- Route: go to the Ahrntal, before Mühlwald turn to the industrial area, turn right toward Rein. After turning for Ahornach continue for 200 m towards Rein, leave the car on the parking lot of Franziskusweg.
- Access: climb straight up the wall
- Difficulty: 1of 5b; 14 between 6a and 6c; 6 of 7a; another 16 to 7b.
Kofler zwischen den Wänden - Ahronach
- The climbing park near Hofschenke Kofler is ideal for families and beginners, with easy and moderate routes.
- Route: go from Sand in Taufers to Ahornach. Cross the village and after 2 turns, turn right in direction of "Kofler zwischen den Wänden" (marked signs). Follow the narrow street for about 1 km and park your car.
- Difficulty: 30 routes between 4 and 6.
Pursteinwand - Sand in Taufers (Attention: currently closed!)
- Sand in Taufers is one of the most famous climbing park in Pustertal, here the streets are dry, even after long rains, climbing on gneiss and granite.
- Route: you enter Ahrntal, you park at the school Tubre, after Mühlen.
- Access: we walk up to the school of economics and sociology. Continue and then follow the signs to the various cliffs.
- Difficulty: 5 of 4; 6 between 5a and 5c; 22 others until 6c; 31 from 7a until 7c as well as 5 8 a/b.
Popular accommodation in Pustertal
Recently booked accommodation
Hotel B&B Feldmessner
Reischach at Mt. Kronplatz
Comfortable rooms, suites & mini apartments next to the lifts of Mt. Kronplatz skiing and hiking area, sauna & steam bath, fitness room & inviting garden.
Kiens at Mt. Kronplatz
Family-run hotel with different saunas, indoor and outdoor pool, excellent cuisine, cosy rooms, garden with playground and playroom.
Events in Pustertal
08.05.2020 - 30.10.2020
Farmers’ market in Bruneck
Colourful stands, local delicacies, fresh fruit, vegetables, homemade cheese and self-baked bread… you will find all this on the farmers’ market in Bruneck.
05.01.2021 - 06.01.2021
Cross Country Skiing World Cup
In the holiday region Hochpustertal, for cross-country ski lovers there are available about 1,300 km of slopes accessible with a single ski pass and spread out over some of the most beautiful areas in the Dolomites.
09.01.2021 - 17.01.2021
From 9th to 17th January 2021 the popular Balloon Festival takes place in Toblach in the Dolomites. An extensive program of entertainment and lots of fun is expecting you.