World Luge Championship in Deutschnofen
It’s the first time the organizers were able to bring such a prestigious sporting event to Deutschnofen. So far, the small village in Eggental already served as the venue for several World and European Cups and the World Luge Junior Championship.
On 24th January 2013 the green light is given for the World Luge Natural Track Championship, which is lasting four days. Exciting races and a great, varied framework program guarantee an unforgettable event, which won’t be boring at all.
In single and double-seater competitions, the world's best tobogganists will storm into the valley with their “runner vehicles”. And one thing is for sure: For the audience it’s as least as thrilling as for the athletes!
Thursday, 24th January, 2013
- From 10.00 am: training runs, all disciplines
- At 7.00 pm: Opening Ceremony
Friday, 25th January, 2013
- From 10.00 am: Team competitions
- From 11.30 am: remaining training runs
- At 8.00 pm: Party at the arrival with "Volxrock"
Saturday, 26th January, 2013
- From 10.00 am: Races, all categories
- At 1.45 pm: Award ceremony of the paint competition
- At 2.00 pm: Air show
- At 8.00 pm: Party at the arrival with the "Pamstiddn Kings"
Sunday, 27th January, 2013
- From 10.00 am: single-seater races
- At 10.00 am: face painting and bouncy castle for the kids
- At 2.00 pm: Awards ceremony
Phone: 0471 619500