Golf players should respect some rules on the golf course, mostly to guarantee the security of other player and to keep the course in good condition. Look here, which rules you should observe.
Safety on the golf course
- Players should ensure that no one is standing close by or in a position to be hit by the club, the ball or any stones, pebbles, twigs or the like when they make a stroke or practice swing. Players should not play until the players in front are out of range.
- If a player plays a ball in a direction where there is a danger of hitting someone, he should immediately shout the warning “fore”.
- Players should always show consideration for other players on the course and should not disturb their play by moving, talking or making unnecessary noise. Players should not stand close to or directly behind the ball, or directly behind the hole, when a player is about to play.
- On the putting green, players should not stand on another player's line of putt or when he is making a stroke, cast a shadow over his line of putt. Players should remain on or close to the putting green until all other players in the group have holed out.
- It is a group's responsibility to keep up with the group in front. If it loses a clear hole and it is delaying the group behind, it should invite the group behind to play through.
- Players should be ready to play as soon as it is their turn to play. When playing on or near the putting green, they should leave their bags or carts in such a position as will enable quick movement off the green and towards the next tee. When the play of a hole has been completed, players should immediately leave the putting green.
- If a player believes his ball may be lost outside a water hazard or is out of bounds, to save time, he should play a provisional ball. Priority on the Course: any group playing a whole round is entitled to pass a group playing a shorter round.
- Before leaving a bunker, players should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints made by them and any nearby made by others. Repair of Divots, Ball-Marks and Damage by Shoes: players should carefully repair any divot holes made by them and any damage to the putting green made by the impact of a ball
- Players should ensure that no damage is done to the putting green when putting down bags or the flag stick.