Region: Meran and environs
Once a year, during the vintage car rally "Südtirol Classic" in Schenna you can see some special vehicles on South Tyrol’s streets.
From 7 to 14 July 2019, many wonderful cars are on their way through Meran and environs, Southern South Tyrol and the mountain passes of the Dolomites.
They bear melodic names such as Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster or Giulietta, date back at least to the sixties and are virtues for car lovers. In the mornings and in the evenings they can be admired in the town center of Schenna.
Programme of "Südtirol Classic" 2019:
- Sunday, 7 July: Arrival and welcoming of the participants
- Monday, 8 July: Feel the glacier
- Tuesday, 9 July: The magic of Lake Tovel
- Wednesday, 10 July: Panoramic trip with Mountain Brunch | Technical checks
- Thursday, 11 July: Technical checks | Prologue Meran and environs (ca. 40 km) | Classic Party in Schenna
- Friday, 12 July: Head for the hills/Tour of the Dolomites (ca. 248 km)
- Saturday, 13 July: Panoramic tour (ca. 175 km) | Gala dinner
- Sunday, 14 July: Award ceremony and morning pint with live music