South Tyrolean cookbooks
However, star chefs had to learn from recipes and cookbooks too. Modern cookbooks are more than mere collections of recipes. Aesthetic and mouth-watering images that show step-by-step recipes complete the list of ingredients.
In South Tyrol, the teachings of mothers and grandmothers and small tricks to use in the kitchen were collected in recipe books that will help in achieving the more traditional recipes directly to your home. In fact, the South Tyrolean cookbooks give a brief introduction into cooking and food culture in South Tyrol, telling you more about eating habits, local fruits and vegetables and tips for cooking techniques.
Unfortunately, in large part the best and comprehensive cookbooks of South Tyrol are available only in German and Italian. Nevertheless, we do not want to keep them back from you, as they can awaken your anticipation of holidays in South Tyrol. Also, they are a nice souvenir for your loved ones at home.
The most popular cooking books:
- "So kocht Südtirol" (South Tyrolean dishes)
- "So backt Südtirol" (South Tyrolean pastries and cakes)
- "So kocht Italien" (Italian dishes)
- "Südtirols Küche raffiniert einfach" (simple and refined dishes)
- "Feine Küche für alle Tage" (fine cuisine for every day)