Gustav Mahler Zoo in Toblach
The Gustav Mahler zoo is located in Altschluderbach near Toblach and is worth a discovery tour at any season. Take your time for the wonders of nature and visit the domestic animals and wildlife inhabiting spacious enclosures and aviaries.
Wild boars, deer. Chickens, sheep, donkeys, raccoons, lynxes, snowy owls and many other animals will delight both kids and adults in the wildlife reserve. The enclosure has a size of about eleven hectares allowing you to watch the animals calmly in their habitat. If you like, you can buy some feed at the entrance and give it to the goats and sheep.
A playground and the former house, where Gustav Mahler composed many of his works, complete the offer. In winter, the zoo is open from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, in summer from 9:00 to 6:00 pm, Thursday day of rest (except during the main season). Further information is available calling +39 0474 972 347.
Other zoos in South Tyrol:
- Kolfuschg: Zoo with small animals with free access, with goats, rabbits, ducks and many others – open all year round
- Reischach: Small park with fallow deer, rabbits, ducks, goats and peacocks
- St. Valentin auf der Haide: Berts zoo with gooses, donkeys, ponies, pot-bellied pigs, rabbits, cats & more – touching allowed
- Gfrill near Tisens: Animal world Rainguthof with old domestic animal breeds and other animals
- St. Magdalena in Gsies: Adventure farm Reierhof with native and exotic animals such al alpacas, horses and zebus
- Assling in Osttirol: Large animal park with many native domestic animals and wildlife, about half an hour from the Italian border