500 participants from 25 nations, 250 kilometers, 15,000 meters of difference in altitude through four countries in eight days… Between 31st August and 7th September 2013 the Alps are again the scene for an extremely thrilling and spectacular competition.
In 2013 the famous crossing of the Alps takes place for the 9th time and quite a few participants will again exceed personal borders. Adventure and passion for nature attract yearly numerous runners to cross over more than 3,000 meter high mountain passes, enjoying a wonderful alpine panorama.
The go-ahead will be given on 31st August in Oberstdorf in Germany. The next stages are Lech and St. Anton am Arlberg in Austria and Samnaun and Scuol in Switzerland. Then, the runners have to reach the village St. Valentin auf der Haide in South Tyrol, Sulden and finally the destination Latsch in Vinschgau.
During the race, the athletes run in teams of two to the eight different stages in the Alps. The Gore-Tex Transalpine Run is regarded as one of the most adventurous running events and to its participants it offers unforgettable experiences in front of a unique mountain scenery.
Of course, you can encourage the sportsmen along their way or cheer them on at their final spurt. Don’t miss this special event and its varied supporting program!
Stages of the Gore-Tex Transalpine Run 2013
31st August: Oberstdorf (GER) - Lech am Arlberg (AUT)
- 1st September: Lech am Arlberg (AUT) - St. Anton am Arlberg (AUT)
- 2nd September: St. Anton am Arlberg (AUT) - Samnaun (CH)
- 3rd September: Samnaun (CH) - Scuol (CH)
- 4th September: Scuol (CH) - Mountain sprint
- 5th September: Scuol (CH) - St. Valentin auf der Haide (ITA)
- 6th September: St. Valentin auf der Haide (ITA) - Sulden (ITA)
- 7th September: Sulden (ITA) - Latsch (ITA)
Holiday region Vinschgau
Phone: +39 0473 620 480