Participants from all over the world, 247.3 kilometers, 14,973 metres of difference in altitude through three countries in seven days… From 4 to 10 September 2016, the Alps are again the scene for an extremely thrilling and spectacular competition.
In 2016, the famous crossing of the Alps takes place for the 12th time and many participants will again exceed personal borders. Adventure and passion for nature attract yearly numerous runners to cross over 3,000 meter high mountain passes, enjoying a wonderful alpine panorama.
The go-ahead will be given on 4 September 2016 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany. The next stages are Lermoos, Imst, Mandarfen-Pitztal and Sölden in Austria. Then, the runners have to reach the villages St. Leonhard in Passeier, Sarntal and finally the finish Brixen in South Tyrol, Italy.
During the race, the athletes run in teams of two to the seven different stages in the Alps. The Gore-Tex Transalpine Run is regarded as one of the most adventurous running events and to its participants it offers unforgettable experiences in front of a unique mountain scenery.
Of course, you can encourage the sportsmen along their way or cheer them on at their final spurt. Don’t miss this special event and its varied supporting program!
Stages of the Gore-Tex Transalpine Run 2016
- 1st stage: Garmisch-Partenkirchen (GER) - Lermoos (AUT)
- 2nd stage Lermoos (AUT) - Imst (AUT)
- 3rd stage: Imst (AUT) - Mandarfen-Pitztal (AUT)
- 4th stage: Mandarfen-Pitztal (AUT) - Sölden (AUT)
- 5th stage: Sölden (AUT) - St. Leonhard in Passeier (ITA)
- 6th stage: St. Leonhard in Passeier (ITA) - Sarnthein (ITA)
- 7th stage: Sarnthein (ITA) - Brixen (ITA)
GORE-TEX Transalpine Run