Region: Tauferer Ahrntal
Participants from all over the world, 293 kilometers, 13,730 meters of difference in altitude through three countries in eight days… Between 30th August and 6th September 2014 the Alps are again the scene for an extremely thrilling and spectacular competition.
In 2014 the famous crossing of the Alps takes place for the 10th time and many participants will again exceed personal borders. Adventure and passion for nature attract yearly numerous runners to cross over more than 3,000 meter high mountain passes, enjoying a wonderful alpine panorama.
The go-ahead will be given on 30st August 2014 in Ruhpolding in Germany. The next stages are St. Johann and Neukirchen in Austria. Then, the runners have to reach the village Prettau in South Tyrol, Sand in Taufers, St. Vigil, Niederdorf and finally the destination Sexten in Hochpustertal.
During the race, the athletes run in teams of two to the eight different stages in the Alps. The Gore-Tex Transalpine Run is regarded as one of the most adventurous running events and to its participants it offers unforgettable experiences in front of a unique mountain scenery.
Of course, you can encourage the sportsmen along their way or cheer them on at their final spurt. Don’t miss this special event and its varied supporting program!
Stages of the Gore-Tex Transalpine Run 2014
- 30th August: Ruhpolding (GER) - St. Johann(AUT)
- 31st August: St. Johann (AUT) - Neukirchen (AUT)
- 1st September: Neukirchen (AUT) - Prettau (ITA)
- 2nd September: Prettau (ITA) - Sand in Taufers (ITA)
- 3rd September: Sand in Taufers (ITA) - mountain sprint Speikboden
- 4th September: Sand in Taufers (ITA) - St. Vigil (ITA)
- 5th September: St. Vigil (ITA) - Niederdorf (ITA)
- 6th September: Niederdorf (ITA) - Sexten (ITA)