Participants from all over the world, 268 kilometers, 16,310 metres of difference in altitude through four countries in eight days… Between 29 August and 5 September 2015 the Alps are again the scene for an extremely thrilling and spectacular competition.
In 2015, the famous crossing of the Alps takes place for the 11th time and many participants will again exceed personal borders. Adventure and passion for nature attract yearly numerous runners to cross over more than 3,000 meter high mountain passes, enjoying a wonderful alpine panorama.
The go-ahead will be given on 29 August 2015 in Oberstdorf in Germany. The next stages are Lech, St. Anton am Arlberg and Landeck in Austria. Then, the runners have to reach the villages Samnaun and Scuol in Switzerland and finally St. Valentin am Reschenpass and the finish Sulden in South Tyrol.
During the race, the athletes run in teams of two to the eight different stages in the Alps. The Gore-Tex Transalpine Run is regarded as one of the most adventurous running events and to its participants it offers unforgettable experiences in front of a unique mountain scenery.
Of course, you can encourage the sportsmen along their way or cheer them on at their final spurt. Don’t miss this special event and its varied supporting program!
Stages of the Gore-Tex Transalpine Run 2015
- 1st stage: Oberstdorf (GER) - Lech am Arlberg (AUT)
- 2nd stage Lech am Arlberg (AUT) - St. Anton am Arlberg (AUT)
- 3rd stage: St. Anton am Arlberg (AUT) - Landeck (AUT)
- 4th stage: Landeck (AUT) - Samnaun (CH)
- 5th stage: Samnaun (CH) - Bergsprint
- 6th stage: Samnaun (CH) - Scuol (CH)
- 7th stage: Scuol (CH) - St. Valentin am Reschenpass (ITA)
- 8th stage: St. Valentin am Reschenpass (ITA) - Sulden (ITA)
GORE-TEX Transalpine Run