Region: Meran and environs
Blossoming dandelions glow yellow and look very pretty. But many people don’t know: Dandelions also taste wonderful!
If you don’t believe it, you should visit the specialty weeks in Deutschnonsberg in the Ultental valley. There, every spring this wild flower is the center of attention.
Delicious and agreeable
In Ulten dandelions flourish very well. For a long time they were dismissed, pulled out and thrown away as weed. But some years ago the agreeable and healthy effects of the dandelion became known. For instance this plant stimulates liver and kidneys and has a purifying effect.
Moreover, this flower tastes very good, if it is prepared in the right way. Leafs are suitable for salads, the yellow blooms are used for honey or decoration, the whole plant for tasty soups and many other variations conjured up by the cooks of Ulten from 22 april to 7 May 2017.
Restaurants and inns participating in the specialty week:
- Albergo ristorante Al Cervo, Madonna di Senale – Tel. 0463/886105
- Albergo Al Sole, Madonna di Senale – Tel. 0463/859006
- Pensione ristorante Pfitscher , Madonna di Senale – Tel. 0463/886147
- Trattoria Passo Palade, Madonna di Senale - Tel. 0463/886148
- Pensione ristorante Greti, San Felice – Tel. 0463/886226
- Albergo Posta Nuova, Proves – Tel. 0463/530271
- Trattoria al Bosco, Proves - Tel. 0463/530155
Tourist Association Deutschnonsberg
Tel.: +39 0473 530 088