Equipment for high altitude tours
What equipment do I need for high-altitude-mountain-tours?
If you are planning a high-altitude-mountain-tour, you have not only to look at the maps and in the mountain-guide-books, but also to plan what to do in your backpack.
Consider that you will be 6-10 hours "on the road". See here what equipment you need doing a high-altitude-mountain-tour in South Tyrol.
- Good and anti-slip alpine boots
- Gloves, a cap and a rain coat
- Clothes to change
- Ropes, climbing irons and axes (if you go on a glacier)
- First Aid Set
- Minimum 2 l of water or juice
- Cereal bars, nuts, fruit and chocolate
- Hiking poles
You see, your backpack can become really weighty. But on the other hand you will be glad of all this things on the peak after a 6 hour walk!