Family-friendly toboggan runs
Who does not like speed, the wind in their hair, the snow on the face, the thrill of fall between snowed forests and breathtaking landscapes?
Tobogganing is a popular adventure if you spend the winter holidays in South Tyrol with the whole family. The days around Christmas or Carnival, it may be that the ski runs are rather full of long queues at the ski lifts. No wonder, the small ones do not have to go to school and the time is used for holidays.
Sharing the slopes with too many skiers or being separated when entering the cableway is not really beneficial for families. Tobogganing is a great alternative. After breakfast, you can hike together to a wonderful mountain hut offering warm drinks and exceptional culinary delicacies.
Without stress and far from the crowded ski runs. The small ones can be torn to the hut on the sledge. And you get back to the valley on two blades. Kids under 10 years should not toboggan alone and together with an adult. How often and how much you should brake is determined by the steepness, bends and conditions of the toboggan run.
Tobogganing fun for the whole family:
- Dolomites: in Oberwielenbach and on Haunold in Innichen
- Tauferer Ahrntal: in Weißenbach and in Luttach to Schwarzbachalm hut
- Vinschgau: in Schlinig und in Reschen near Valliereck
- Meran and environs: in Kurzras in Schnals and in Pfelders
- Southern South Tyrol: in Deutschnofen and in Reinswald
- Eisacktal: in Villnöss near Gampenalm hut and Waldeben in Jaufental