South Tyrol's best family skiing areas
Crucial for the choice of a family-friendly ski resort are large slopes, snowparks, good ski schools and reliable childcare.
Ski holidays are not affordable for everyone, but many ski areas offer numerous packages that are perfect for families with kids. The best thing is that these offers are also valid during the main season. Mainly, the ski areas that are part of Dolomiti Superski ski carousel have extended their offers on the whole winter season, allowing families to save a lot of money.
For instance, kids benefit from free stays in their parents’ room or from many other attractive discounts. Kids ski passes are sometimes free or offered for a reduced price if parents buy a ski pass too Also, there are offers for ski lessons and ski rentals.
South Tyrol's most popular skiing areas for families:
- Alta Badia: Beside of the hilly St. Kassian all villages in Alta Badia are appropriate to smaller children. The hotels are all family-friendly and the slopes are doable also for laymen. The offer with ski-kindergarten and skiing courses is good, too.
- Kronplatz: Many comfortable cable cars, two big child-parks, rolling hills and large slopes guarantee that the little ones learn to ski with pleasure. Very family-friendly are the villages Olang and St. Vigil.
- Gröden: In every valley-villages there are ski kindergarten and child-care-clubs. The main street passes over the village-centres. But car-free is only St. Ulrich.
- 3 Zinnen Dolomites: Three ski-kindergartens. The tree-free and mostly easy and middle difficult slopes are ideal for kids, the ski schools are very committed and the cable-car-staff is always helpful. The further offers with the adventure swimming pool Acquafun in Innichen, with car-free centres and playgrounds are OK.
- Meran 2000 & Schwemmalm: The villages are lovely, the accommodation family-friendly and in the ski-kindergarten and ski-schools the kids are in good hands.
- Carezza & Obereggen: There are two ski-kindergartens. The slopes are large and the ski schools and ski-kindergarten look affectionately after the kids. Who finds an accommodation close to the slopes, for whom is the region perfect for family holidays.
- Schnals: Kurzras is car-free, the easy slopes are in close to the villages and the good child care make Schnals Valley an ideal family destination.
- Skiworld Ahrntal: 2 Mini-Ski-Clubs. The Tauferer Ahrntal is an ideal ski resort for families. The most slopes are easy or middle difficult, children under 9 years ski for free.