Sellaronda Trail Running
Region: Alta Badia
The mountain race along the famous Sellaronda is a big sports challenge which is rewarded with a magnificent view over the Dolomites!
The Sellaronda Trail Running takes place on September 16th 2017, already for the 7th time. The participants have at most 12 hours of time to round the picturesque Sella Massif along the famous Sellaronda.
On the 60 km long racetrack through the Dolomites, the participants have to master an altitude difference of 3,378 meters. Timekeeping spots subdivide the track into different stages. Who does not reach the spots in the predetermined time is eliminated from the race. The winners of the last years have accomplished the racetrack in less than 6 hours.
This year, the runners start in Canazei, then reach Wolkenstein after passing through Corvara, then Arabba and finally Canazei again.
The participants must have a minimum age of 18 years, that are conscious of the enormous challenge and length of the competition and that have exercised sufficiently. A good equipment suitable for alpine terrain, as well as a water and foods supply are demanded.
Programme Sellaronda Trail Running 2017:
Friday, September 15th
- 4.00 p. m.: Opening of the race office at the Sala Consigliare in Piazza Marconi in Canazei
- 6.30 p.m.: technical briefing
- 7.00 p.m.: closing of the race office and aperitif
Saturday, Semptember 16th
- 4.00 a.m.: Opening of the race office at the Sala Consigliare in Piazza Marconi in Canazei
- 5.30 a.m.: Start
- 11.30 a.m.: estimated time of arrival of the first athletes in Canazei
- 12.30 p.m.: lunch for the athletes
- 5.30 p.m.: end of the race
- 6.00 p.m.: prize-giving ceremony in Piazza Marconi in Canazei
Tel.: +39 0471/836176